Nadigayar Thilagam is one of the most authentic biopics in recent years. It was based on the life of yesteryear actress Savithri. Keerthi Suresh who played Savithri was spectacular in that role. It’s exactly one year since the movie released and it was one of the most memorable films of last year. Let’s look at 7 interesting facts about the film which managed to stun all of us last year.
1. Nithya Menen was the original choice to play the role of Savitri. But the role eventually went to Keerthi Suresh. Nithya Menen later went to play Savitri’s role in NTR’s biopic.
2. The film won the Equality in Cinema Award at the Indian film festival of Melbourne.
3. The movie was shown in the Indian Panorama mainstream section at the 49th International film festival of India.
4. Suriya and Madhavan were both considered for Gemini Ganesan’s role in the film before it went to Dulquer Salmaan.
5. Vijay Deverakonda was also considered for Gemini Ganesan’s role before he chose to play another character.
6. The film had one of the highest TRP’s when it was telecast on Television for the first time.
7. Nadigayar Thilagam did not have any theatrical trailer.