When it comes to political films Aayutha Ezhuthu is a cult classic. It was all about youngsters coming to power. The film didn’t do well when it first came out but over a period of time it became a people’s favourite. The film had an ensemble cast and was released on 21st May 2004. As the film completes 15 years let’s look at 7 interesting facts about the film.
1. This was Madhavan’s 4th project with Mani Ratnam after Alaipayuthey, Kannathil Muthamittal and Dum Dum Dum which was produced by Mani Ratnam.
2. Vikram was the first choice to play Madhavan’s role but had to opt out due to other commitments.
3. The film was simultaneously shot in Hindi with a different cast and was also dubbed in Hindi.
4. Shaam and Karthi were the first choice to play Siddharth’s role.
5. Simran was the first choice to play Suriya’s pair in the film but her problems with the Tamil language meant that Esha Doel was given the role.
6. The film was supposed to have songs but after listening to Rahman’s songs he decided to include them in the film.
7. The film was based on hyperlink narrative and dealt with cause and consequences of one particular incident