It was 15 years of Vasool Raja yesterday. Let’s look at 10 interesting facts about the film.
1.K. Balachader was the first choice to play Kamal Hassan’s father in Vasool Raja MBBS. But being hesitant to make an appearance in front of the screen opposite Kamal Hassan. He booked a flight and ran away. So Kamal’s next choice was someone who exhibited the same mannerisms as K. Balachander which was Nagesh.
2. Crazy Mohan was initally just the dialogue writer for the movie. But Kamal and Saran wanted him to be on sets for inputs throughout the film. Crazy Mohan was actually busy with his dramas at that time so the only way to ensure that he was always there with them was to give him a role which was Margabandhu alias Mark. Crazy Mohan’s own suggestion for the role was his brother Maadhu Balaji.
3. If you closely observe Vasool Raja Kamal’s voice is extremely different from his other movies. The reason was simple he had cold when he started dubbing for the film. But as the dubbing was going on he realized that the voice was apt and made sure he had cold until the dubbing was finished.
4. It was the remake of Munnabhai MBBS.
5. Simran was the first choice to play Sneha’s role in the film.
6. Dhanush was supposed to play Jayasurya’s role but opted out.
7. Actor Nithin Satya and Malavika played cameos in the film.
8. This was the 6th film with Saran – Baradhwaj combo.
9. Actress Rohini Hattangadi reprised her role from the Hindi version.
10. Girish Karnad was also finalized to play the role of Kamal’s Dad before it went to Nagesh.