Anjali is a fantastic film which spoke about mental health issues of a 2 year old Kid. The film featured a mature performance by both Raghuvaran and Revathi and an excellent cameo by Prabhu The movie brought the best out of the kids in the film. Anjali is one of the all time classics. It’s been 28 years since the film released. Let’s look at 10 interesting facts about the film.
1. Anjali was initially developed as Mouna Raagam 2 with Mohan and Revathi but Mohan refused to act and Raghuvaran came in.
2. Baby Shamili was three years old while doing the film.
3. The film is inspired by the 1979 docu drama Son- Rise miracle of love.
4. This was Illayaraja’s 500th film.
5. The film was India’s official entry to the Oscars in 1991 but was not selected.
6. The film was dubbed in Hindi and Telugu.
7. The film pays tribute to star wars and E.T through it’s song sequences.
8. The film won 3 National Awards which includes Best Child Artist Award for Shamili.
9. This was Mani Ratnam’s first film without P.C Sriram since Mouna Raagam.
10. The idea for Anjali was developed during the making of Nayakan.