It’s been 4 years since Bahubali – The Beginning released. The memories are still very fresh. The grandeur and the making pulled us in. The South Indian cast made sure that the film broke all language barriers to become an all India Hit. Let’s look at some interesting facts about the film.
1. It was the most expensive Indian film at the time of it’s release.
2. It was the highest grossing Indian South Indian film at the time of it’s release. The record was broken by Bahubali – The conclusion.
3. It won the National Award for Best feature film and Best Special Effects
4. More than 600 VFX artists worked for the film from around the World.
5. The fictional language of Kiliki was created by Madhan Karky for the film. It is said to be the first fictious language created for an Indian film. It had 750 words and 40 grammar rules.
6. Bahubali the beginning is the only Indian film to feature in BBC’s 100 years of cinema.
7. This was Anushka’s second film with S.S Rajamouli. She had earlier teamed up Rajamouli for the Telugu version of Siruthai titled Vikramarkudu.
8. Both Bahubali and Jurrasic Park had the same special effects team.
9. Sridevi was the first choice to play Sivagami before the role went to Ramya Krishnan.
10. Prabhas’s Gym equipment for the film cost 1.5 crores.