Kaaka Muttai is a sweet and lovely film which captured everyone’s heart. The film had a simple premise. It was about 2 kids who wish to eat Pizza despite their poor background. The film highlighted how something as simple as Pizza which we often take for granted is not accessible to poor kids. The film released on June 5th June 2015 and went onto become a critical and commercial success. Let’s look at 7 interesting facts about the film.
1. It was remade in Marathi as Half ticket and was directed by Samit Kakkad.
2. It won 2 National Awards – One for Best Children’s film and one for Best Child Artist for both the kids Ramesh and Vignesh.
3. It was Aishwarya Rajesh’s breakthrough film. She dared to play the mother of two kids at such a young age and it worked wonders and won her critical acclaim.
4. Simbhu aka STR played a cameo in the film.
5. The film premiere in the Toronto Film Festival.
6. Aishwarya Rajesh was nominated for the fillmfare award for best actress for her role in the film.
7. The film was produced by Dhanush and Vetrimaaran and disturbed by Fox Star Studios.