Let’s look at 5 films where the lead character played the role of a differently abled person.
1. Kamal Haasan in Anbe Sivam : The beauty of this film is that it only shows how kind Nallasivam is and helps us forget the fact that he has a physical flaw. It’s beautiful film about how kindness wins over everything.
2. Nagarjuna in Thozha : Another beautiful film about celebrating life. Our hero is at first a reluctant participant but over a period of time the right caretaker shows him how to life to the fullest.
3. Ajith in Villain : Ajith is just fabulous in a dual role. As a differently abled person he earns our empathy with his childish innocence. It is hard to pull off two characters which are opposite to each other but Thala does it with ease.
4. Suriya in Perazhagan : Those were the times when Suriya could pull off anything and he is mighty impressive as Chinna the hunchback. What stands out is his love for life despite the problems in life.
5. Jyothika in Mozhi : A strong bold person who doesn’t give up. The only thing that holds her back is love but eventually she opens her heart to her Mr Right.
subscribe to our top stories