This was a tough subject as Vikram played a mentally unstable Dad but the connection between him and Sarah was beautiful. The film’s climax was very moving as the father selflessly chooses his daughter’s well being despite his own wish to have his daughter with him forever. It’s been 8 years since the film released. Let’s look at some interesting facts about the film.
1. The film is an unofficial remake of the English film I Am Sam which released in 2001.
2. Vidya Balan was the first choice to play the role of Anushka.
3. The movie was dubbed in Telugu and Japanese.
4. Vikram won the filmfare critics Award for best actor for his role in the film.
5. This was Baby Sarah’s first Tamil film. She would go onto play the main lead in A.L Vijay’s Saivam.
6. Meera Jasmine was the first choice to play Amala Paul’s role in the film.
7. The film was first titled Deiva Magan which was the title of Shivaji’s film. Then it was also titled Pitha and Deiva Thirumagan before the final title.