Tamil isn’t just a language; it’s a range of emotions, thoughts and feelings. It’s life.
Here are a few reasons to celebrate our beautiful culture.
1) Bharatanatyam is a classical dance originating from Tamilnadu.
2) The world’s first granite temple is the Brihadeeswarar temple at Thanjavur in Tamilnadu.
3) Thirukkural was written nearly two millennia ago it portrays a universal outlook.
4) Carnatic music is a classical music originating from Tamilnadu.
5) Tamil Ranks 17th amongst the top twenty of the world’s most spoken languages.
6) Kumari Kandam is a legendary sunken kingdom sometimes compared with Lemuria.
7) Tamil was spoken in South India more than 5000 years ago.
8) Kallanai dam was originally built by Karikala Chola around the second century AD.
9) The Tamil Tradition is thought to be one of the oldest traditions in the old.