We cannot think of the 2000’s without Harbhajan Singh. He was one of the main spinners under Ganguly’s tenure. He celebrates his birthday today. Let’s look at 10 interesting facts about our former spin legend.
1. He started as a batsman but switched to spin bowling after the death of his coach Charanjit Singh Bhullar.
2. His best performance is the 2001 home series against Australia where he took 32 wickets in 3 test matches.
3. Harbhajan Singh has been a part of 2 World Cup winning teams T- 20 World Cup in 2007 and ODI world cup in 2011.
4. He has won the Arjuna Award and the Padma Shri Award.
5. He is the 3rd Indian bowler to take 400 wickets.
6. He is the first No 8 Batsman to score back to back test centuries.
7. His nickname is turbunator and Bhajji
8. He is the first Indian bowler to take a hat- trick in 2001 Test Cricket.
9. He was once offered the post of DSP in punjab.
10. He is currently part of CSK IPL squad