It is actress Meena’s birthday today. Let’s look at 10 facts about her.
1. She debuted as a child artist in the 1982 film Nenjangal. The film featured Shivaji , Lakshmi , Manjula and Vijayakumar in the lead role.
2. She had played Rajini’s daughter in Engeyo Ketta Kural, his fan in Anbulla Rajnikanth and his pair in Yajaman, Veera and Muthu.
3. Meena has dubbed for Padmapriya in the movie Pokkisham.
4. Meena is a trained Bharatnatyam dancer and can speak six languages.
5. She first made her television debut with Anbulla Amma in 1990 on Doordarshan. Aachi Manorama was her co-star.
6. She was a judge in various reality shows including Manada Mayilada , Jodi No 1 and Boys vs Girls.
7. She danced with Vijay in the movie Shah Jahan and her daughter Nainika made her debut with Vijay’s Theri. She acted with Ajith in the movie Villain Ananda Poonkatre and Citizen
8. She won the filmfare award for Best Actress for her role in Bharati Kannama directed by Cheran.
9. She won 4 Tamil Nadu State Awards for Ejaman , Sethupathi IPS , Porkkalam and Ivan.
10. She was discovered by Shivaji Ganesan at a birthday party which led to her debut as a child artist. Her first adult role is for the Telugu film Navayugam in the year 1990.