Today is Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s birthday. Let’s look at 10 facts about him.
1. Before becoming a cricketer Dhoni played football and badminton at the district and club level.
2. Dhoni was a TTE ( Travelling ticket Examiner at Kharagpur Railway Station from 2001 – 2003.
3. Dhoni was a goal keeper in football which prompted his childhood coach Keshav Bannerjee to try Dhoni out as a wicketkeeper
4. He was the captain when India won the world cup in 2011.
5. He had won 3 Ipl titles for CSK as captain.
6. Dhoni loves motorcycles.
7. The famous helicopter shot by Dhoni was taught to him by his friend Santhosh Lal.
8. He is the only captain in the world to win 3 ICC trophies.
9. He is the third captain in the World to win 100 ODI matches after Australia’s Ricky Ponting and Allan Border
10. He is the first Wicket Keeper to appear in 500 international matches.