About two months ago, the Central government has made stringent regulations in the traffic rules. In that regard, a bill has been passed in the parliament and gained a huge welcome from the people. According to the new set of rules, one has to pay heavy fines in case of violating traffic rules. It has been said that the new rules would be applicable from September 1. And, as per the amendments, the fines have been raised 10 times. In Chennai, the police have announced that they were to introduce these rules just two weeks ago. At this instant, Santosh who was caught for drunk and drive has paid Rs.10 thousand as a fine amount at Egmore court.
After this, Someone has taken a picture of the fine receipt and uploaded it on social media and the picture has been shared virally. Subsequently, “Weather the new penalties in traffic rules has come to practice?”, a confusion aroused among the public. People expressed concerns that the new amendment was almost unknown to many and stated that the police should have placed banners regarding the change.
Listed below are some of the changes in the traffic rules
- For riding a bike without helmets on, Rs.1000 is the penalty amount. Additionally, the license will be denied for up to 3 months.
- Driving a vehicle without a license will cost an amount of Rs.5000.
- If a person has consumed alcohol when driving, he/she is liable to pay Rs.10000.
- For over speeding than the actual speed limit or racing in the roads, the penalty fixed is Rs.5000.
- An amount of Rs.20000 has to be paid for carrying additional loads while driving. Also, you are required to pay Rs.2000 for every ton.