Saravana Bhavan is one of the favorite restaurants of Indians especially Indians living abroad. Let’s look at 10 facts about this restaurant.
1. Saravana Bhavan is the largest South Indian vegetarian restaurant in the world.
2. The owner P.Rajagopal started his career by setting up a small grocery store in 1968 in K.K Nagar.
3. He then brought the failing Kamatchi Bhavan which would later become the now famous Saravana Bhavan.
4. Saravana Bhavan started in the year 1981.
5. The restaurant chain had 80 franchise outlets from London to Thailand making it the most sought restaurant in the world.
6. The Saravana Bhavan Idly, Dosa, Vada and coffee became a must have for Indians across the globe. Their Sambar Idly is still a favorite.
7. The first franchise abroad was started in the year 2000 in Dubai.
8. Saravana Bhavan franchise runs on the McDonald’s Model of functioning.
9. Rajagopal was popularly and affectionately called Annachi.
10. It was expanded Worldwide with the ambition of giving Indians living abroad ” The taste of Home”.
subscribe to our top stories