We love Sathyam Cinemas. Don’t we ? It has been acquired by PVR now. Let’s look at the history of Sathyam Cinemas and the major land marks over time.
1. It was originally named Royal Theatre complex and was built by Raja Venkatagiri in 1974. With a seating capacity of 1255 it was the largest multiplex built in Chennai at that time.
2. It was acquired in 1980’s by the present owners who had no plans of continuing the theatre business.
3. When Kiran Reddy the current CEO took over the business in 1999. it was not Sathyam but Sree Theatre with a modern design and food counters. Cold coffee was served for the first time.
4. Sathyam’s own popcorn flavours was introduced in 2003.
5. Hires skilled and educated people and starts training them in 2005. This was the first time skilled labour was introduced in theatres.
6. It signed up a deal with Dolby Atmos in 2012