Let’s look at 7 facts about this family classic Aarilirunthu Arubathu varai
1. The film was orginally offered to Sivakumar but he refused and hence Rajini came on board.
2. This movie was a turning point in Rajini’s career. Rajini and S.P Muthuraman would team up for 25 films.
3. The film was screened for 25 weeks in Chennai Midland theatre.
4. The film ran for 175 days as the audience had accepted Rajini in a new avatar.
5. The film was dubbed in Telugu as O Inti Katha. It was also remade with Sobhan Babu as the hero in 1985 titled Maharaja.
6. It was remade in Kannada as Poorna Chandra with Ambareesh.
7. The success of Bhuvana Oru Kelvi Kuri inspired S.P Muthuraman to do this film with Rajini.
8. Rajini and S.P Muthuraman had constant difference of opinion when the film shooting was in progress but panchu arunachalam interfered and sorted things out.
9. Popular serial actor LIC Narasimhan acted as Rajini’s brother.
10. The hit pair of Fatafat Jata lakshmi and Rajnikanth reunited after Mullum Malarum.
subscribe to our top stories