Annamalai is a land mark film in Rajnikanth’s career. It signalled the arrival of a mass hero beyond parallel and made the superstar of Tamil cinema. Of course even before Annamalai he was the man of the masses but this film firmly cemented his position. Let’s look at 10 interesting facts about the film.
1. Annamalai was supposed to be directed by Director Vasanth but he walked out a couple of days before the actual shoot and then Suresh Krishna came in.
2. The Paambu Paambu dialogue and the I am a bad man dialogue were both Rajinikanth’s ideas.
3. The challenge scene was a single shot
4. The Malai da Annamalai dialogue wasn’t there in the actual scene. It was added while dubbing for the scene.
5. When the superstar title card idea was suggested to Rajinikanth he didn’t like it. But agreed to it once he saw the final output of how it had all come out.
6. It was the highest grossing film in Rajinikanth’s career until the record was broken by Baasha in 1995.
7. It was remade in Telugu as Kondapalli Raja with Venkatesh and Gokarna in Kannada with Upendra.
8. The film was a remake of the Hindi film Khudgarz.
9. This was Rajnikanth’s first collaboration with Suresh Krishna and Deva. The trio would once again reunite for Baasha.
10. Radha Ravi was initially reluctant to play an old father role but came onboard after Rajnikanth’s request.
subscribe to our top stories