On Wednesday day morning Stephen Hawking has died at age of 76, his family revealed. Hawking died peacefully in his home while sleeping in Cambridge. At the age 22 in 1963, Hawking was diagnosed with motor neurone disease and was given only 2 years to live. He lived on but was confined to a wheelchair for most of his life. As his condition worsened, he had to resort to speaking through a voice synthesiser and communicating by moving his eyebrows. A Brief History of Time published in 1988 is one of the best-rated books about modern science.
When someone discussing relativity, black holes, an origin of the universe and time travel we will definitely think about Stephen Hawking. He will continue to inspire humanity by his works.
Here is the list of Top 10 Stephen Hawking Quotes:
1. One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don’t throw it away.
2. We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special.
3. Quiet people have the loudest minds.
4. Life would be tragic if it weren’t funny.
5. Even if there is only one possible unified theory, it is just a set of rules and equations. What is it that breathes fire into the equations and makes a universe for them to describe? The usual approach of science of constructing a mathematical model cannot answer the questions of why there should be a universe for the model to describe. Why does the universe go to all the bother of existing?
6. Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.
7. For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen. Speech has allowed the communication of ideas, enabling human beings to work together to build the impossible. Mankind’s greatest achievements have come about by talking, and its greatest failures by not talking. It doesn’t have to be like this. Our greatest hopes could become reality in the future. With the technology at our disposal, the possibilities are unbounded. All we need to do is make sure we keep talking.
8. It surprises me how disinterested we are today about things like physics, space, the universe and philosophy of our existence, our purpose, our final destination. Its a crazy world out there. Be curious.
9. My expectations were reduced to zero when I was 21. Everything since then has been a bonus.
10. The victim should have the right to end his life, if he wants. But I think it would be a great mistake. However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. While there’s life, there is hope.