Let’s look at the Top 10 worst movies of 2019.
1. Mr Local : Nobody knows why this film was made in the first place. Nothing worked in the film. Zero chemistry between the leads and cringe comedy meant that the film was a disaster.
2. Vantha Rajavathaan Varuven : How to justify replacing a massy Pawan Kalyan with an overweight STR ? The result was a disaster which had people laughing even during the sentiment scenes. The film was unintentionally hilarious and made people search for the 90’s Sundar C.
3. Action : It’s been a disaster year for Sundar C and Action joins the list too. There is a saying that empty vessels make more noise and that’s what Action is. Sundar C is someone who thrives on small budget comedies for once he tried something big which only meant waste of a lot money
4. 90ML : The premise itself was promising but the way it was done was laughable. No one wanted to watch a bunch of girls just drinking and chatting. The bad making only made the film sink further.
5. Kolaiyuthir Kaalam : It was a toss up between Kolaiyuthir Kaalam and Airaa and KK won the race hands down. A disinterested Nayanthara who was utterly clueless along with a bunch of actors who were just going through the motions meant the film was a non-starter at the box office.
6. Dev : Everyone wanted a romantic entertainer from Karthi and Rakul Preet Singh but what we got instead of that was RJ Vigneshkanth talking and killing us in the name of stand up comedy. It once again proved that there is a huge difference between an actual story and how it is shown on screen.
7. Pottu : What do you get when the makers of Sowcarpetai decide to do a film again. The result is the epic Pottu. It is the sort of film which we can use to take notes on how not to make a film.
8. Kuppathu Raja : A yearly reminder of why we desperately want GV to quit acting and focus on music instead. The film had nothing going for it. It’s only intention was to tempt the audience and even that didn’t work out well.
9. Neeya 2 : A film without sense or purpose. We wanted to see snakes taking revenge but instead what we got was scantily clad women pretending to be women. It is a disgrace to the original film which is a classic
10. Sindubaadh : The trouble with Vijay Sethupathi is this. He is very good in multi-starrers but falls flat in solo films. He failed miserably both in Sangatamizhan and Sindubaadh but atleast the former was a mindless entertainer. This one just tried to ride on the super deluxe wave and failed.
subscribe to our top stories