Today is Madras Day. Let’s look at 5 best films based on the city of Chennai.
1. Chennai 28 : Chennai 28 appears on top of the list because it is one of the few films which does not touch hoon the serious gripping stories of Chennai. All we get is fun and cricket. These elements helped the film become a cult classic despite the presence of a new team and new director.
2. Managaram : Managaram is a stunning commentary on how Chennai embraces it’s people. Faceless nameless strangers become friends as the warm embrace of Chennai city touches everyone who is associated with the city in one way or another.
3. Madras : Madras is another special glimpse of how politics effects people of Chennai. A dispute for the wall turns ugly as a care free young man gets sucked into the dirty dispute due to the death of a close friend.
4. Vada Chennai : Vada Chennai was all about gang wars and the rise of a young man within the ranks. There’s violence revenge and love as Anbu rises to become an unsung hero and an effective leader. The gripping novel like story telling kept us hooked from beginning to end.
5. Madrasapattinam : Madrasappatinam was a trip down the memory lane. It was fascinating to see how beautiful Madras was in the good old days. And the love story between a commoner and an aristocrat made it even more special. It is a moving account of how love withstands all obstacles.